Alaska's Road Network Information Database
Please Note: As our transition to GIS-based road and transportation data progresses DOT&PF will only update fundamental aspects of State-managed routes. This will include the National Highway System (NHS), the Alaska Highway System (AHS), and the Functional Classification designations. Rural/Urban status reflects data current to the 2000 U.S. Census. Routes that are not under the management responsibility of DOT&PF will no longer be updated in Highway Data Port. Public access to GIS-based data will begin in summer of 2013.
The Highway DataPort (HDP) is the gateway to Alaska Department of Transportation & Public Facilities transportation data network. The HDP accesses an Oracle database populated with data from the Department's legacy transportation database, the Highway Analysis System (HAS). ADOT&PF identifies each road in (HAS) with a Coordinated Data System (CDS) Route Number. Each road has a route name (the CDS Route Number) and a route description (the posted road name). The HAS database (and also HDP) contain CDS Routes with attribute and feature information for:
- All ADOT&PF roads
- Most non-ADOT&PF roads that are functionally classified higher than local
- Many non-ADOT&PF roads that are functionally classified as a local road
The HDP provides customized reports based on user-defined queries. HDP provides the capability to query information and produce reports for such categories as:
- Bridge data
- Road data for either individual roads by geographical area (i.e., DOT region, Census Area or Borough, and City)
- Motor Vehicle Crash Data (for authorized users only)
- Public Road Mileage (for statewide or smaller geographical area queries)
- Pavement Management data (by road)
- Standard highway route lists (or what used to be called "General Logs")
- State Highway System, National highway System & Interstate Routes, Alaska Highway System (routelists available for statewide or smaller geographical areas)
Make sure to sign up for our GovDelivery service to get notification of changes or updates to these and other Transportation Data pages!
If you have questions regarding the content of this page, please contact: